Fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) and other composite materials are widely used in the water and wastewater industry for their reliability, strength, low maintenance, affordability and design flexibility.
Composite tanks and vessels are used to store and transport industrial and municipal water and wastewater during processing, which involves chemicals such as ferric chloride and hydrogen sulfide, and activities such as acid waste neutralization and desalinization.
Equipment involved in this process may include clarifiers, basins, tanks, reservoirs, filters (e.g. trickling, roughing, bio), scum baffles, weirs, flumes, influent/effluent channels, gates, stop logs, skimmers and manholes, filter media support grids, elevated platforms and walkways, odour covers, trench and vault covers, seawater intakes and so on.
UTComp serves the water and wastewater industry’s FRP and composite equipment needs from end-to-end with innovative engineering and repair solutions for corroded infrastructure so that municipal systems can remain available and functioning, as well as ongoing inspection and asset management using our patented UltraAnalytix™ system.
UTComp is a global leader in composite asset integrity and performance. Our services include:
- Specifications and Design for new FRP construction and updates to existing structures.
- Material Selection and Evaluation of fiberglass reinforced materials used in corrosion and structural applications, includes expert failure analysis.
- Mechanical Integrity Programs using our non-destructive UltraAnalytix™ inspection system to determine the fitness for service of in-service assets made from composite materials such as FRP.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management using our UltraAnalytix™ system to inspect new FRP or composite material assets to ensure the equipment or components comply with specifications, are free of manufacturing defects and will meet their intended serviceability.
- Quality Control for Composite Manufacturing using our fully automated in-line QCAnalytix™ quality control system to verify during production that each composite asset complies with specifications and is free of manufacturing defects.