Buyers of fiber-reinforced plastic and composite assets need to know that they are getting what they specified. Owners and operators need to know that the FRP continues to meet their service requirements.
Ensuring that fiber-reinforced composite assets are made in compliance with the purchasing specifications and intent is something unique to many buyers. The material is made differently and many of the standards include details that are unique to FRP. Verification of some design parameters is subjective, unless it is possible to conduct destructive testing on parts of the structure. Furthermore, many of the quality control inspections required by codes and standards do not relate to damage mechanisms experienced in service.
UTComp supports the quality assurance needs of industrial asset end-users by ensuring that equipment is built to comply with the specifications, including concensus standards. In addition, UTComp supplies enhanced information on the as-produced FRP material system in the asset. These unique non-destructive inspections provide direct confirmation of key factors that affect composite performance including reinforcement orientation and stiffness. With our extensive knowledge of FRP applications, we can enhance evaluations even further to look at items that affect performance in buyers’ specific circumstances.
UTComp supports the needs of FRP and composite asset manufacturers with our in-line QCAnalytix™ quality control system to give a go/no go acceptance for pipe, crossarms, rail ties and other structural component production. These automated tools can provide buyers with assurance about the FRP that has been produced.
UTComp is a global leader in composite asset integrity and performance. Our services include:
- Specifications and Design for new FRP construction and updates to existing structures.
- Material Selection and Evaluation of fiberglass reinforced materials used in corrosion and structural applications, includes expert failure analysis.
- Mechanical Integrity Programs using our non-destructive, patented UltraAnalytix™ inspection system to determine the fitness for service of in-service assets made from composite materials such as FRP.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management using our UltraAnalytix™ system to inspect new FRP or composite material assets to ensure the equipment or components comply with specifications, are free of manufacturing defects and will meet their intended serviceability.
- Quality Control for Composite Manufacturing using our fully automated in-line QCAnalytix™ quality control system to verify during production that each composite asset complies with specifications and is free of manufacturing defects.