UTComp is pleased to announce a licensing agreement with South Africa-based Carpathia Consulting for the UltraAnalytix® inspection system for fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) and other composite materials.
“We are proud to welcome Carpathia – our first licensee in Africa – to our growing network of service providers for safe, fast and reliable UltraAnalytix® evaluation of composite industrial assets,” said Jo Anne Watton, CEO of UTComp. “UltraAnalytix® is the only proven non-destructive, non-intrusive inspection method for composite materials, serving a wide range of industries all around the globe.”
Anca Ghetea, Principal of Carpathia Consulting, said the data-driven UltraAnalytix® evaluation method sets a new standard for composite reliability and proactive service-life forecasting while reducing operating downtime and confined space entry.
She recommends clients schedule regular inspections to build up a full dossier for all composite industrial equipment for a robust asset management system and life-cycle planning.
UltraAnalytix® allows for a detailed assessment of the composite laminate properties throughout the wall of the asset, including the condition of the corrosion barrier, and will also identify any leakage into the laminate through a thermoplastic inner shell. Key advantages include:
- Non intrusive, allowing inspection to be performed while plant and equipment is operating (no draining down of tanks & disposal of contents) for significant cost saving over traditional internal inspection methods.
- Safer – no confined space entry required.
- All inspection data is collected from the external shell of the tank, vessel or pipe.
- Non destructive, preserving structural integrity.
- Objective evidence-based analysis can detect structural changes well before they can be seen.
- Comprehensive reports document changes over time for accurate service-life forecasting.
UTComp is a global leader in composite testing and engineering for major companies around the world in chemical processing, mineral processing, oil and gas, food processing, and other industries. UTComp’s UltraAnalytix® inspection system ensures the safe performance and maximum lifespan of composite assets, saving clients millions of dollars in replacement costs. www.utcomp.com
About Carpathia Consulting
Carpathia Consulting provides specialized expertise and technical support for FRP/GRP composite materials, spanning design, manufacturing, installation and service, and “cradle to grave” inspection for clients in South Africa and abroad. Company principal Anca Ghetea has a chemical engineering background and more than 20 years of composites industry experience. www.carpathia.co.za
– end –
For more information, please contact:
Jo Anne Watton
Chief Operations Officer, UTComp
519-620-0772, Ext. 02