UTComp provides innovative engineering and repair solutions, inspection and asset management, and quality assurance for many infrastructure applications involving assets such as:
- railway ties
- cross ties on hydro/electrical poles
We also provide FRP subject matter expertise and inspection for other applications such as wind turbine blades, fin fan blades, and high-speed train cabs.
UTComp is a global leader in composite asset integrity and performance. Our services include:
- Specifications and Design for new FRP construction and updates to existing structures.
- Material Selection and Evaluation of fiberglass reinforced materials used in corrosion and structural applications, includes expert failure analysis.
- Mechanical Integrity Programs using our non-destructive, patented UltraAnalytix™ inspection system to determine the fitness for service of in-service assets made from composite materials such as FRP.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management using our UltraAnalytix™ system to inspect new FRP or composite material assets to ensure the equipment or components comply with specifications, are free of manufacturing defects and will meet their intended serviceability.
- Quality Control for Composite Manufacturing using our fully automated in-line QCAnalytix™ quality control system to verify during production that each composite asset complies with specifications and is free of manufacturing defects.