Customized training for FRP and composite materials inspection + design
UTComp is a global industry leader in evaluating and designing fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) and composites equipment. We also provide customized training and coaching to share our knowledge, ongoing research and advice about FRP and composite materials design and inspection.
Our education and training sessions are presented by Geoff Clarkson, P.Eng., UTComp founder and CTO. Geoff is an engineer and FRP subject matter expert who frequently speaks at conferences to teach people about the benefits of composite materials and the advantages of UltraAnalytix®, our non-destructive (NDT) and non-intrusive FRP evaluation system. See a selection of Geoff’s presentations and articles here.
Training topics for large or small groups include:
- Introduction to composites and fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) materials
- Raw materials and methods of construction
- Differences between composites and metals
- Construction of composite equipment
- Standards and codes
- New construction
- QA/QC during installation and repair
- Failure modes and damage mechanisms
- External and internal inspections
- UltraAnalytix inspection and other ways to evaluate composites
- Applications and limitations
- Fitness for Service
- Repair Techniques and Alterations
All training sessions are provided virtually.
Contact UTComp CEO Jo Anne Watton for more information or to discuss your specific training needs.