UTComp serves the chemical processing industry’s FRP and composite equipment needs from end-to-end with innovative engineering and repair solutions, and ongoing inspection and asset management using our patented UltraAnalytix™ system.
Chemical processing facilities face many challenges, including process safety management, continuous operation, aggressive chemical reactions, long periods between outages, high cost of downtime, interrelated process units and highly specialized materials requirements.
Operators of these facilities need to be sure of the mechanical integrity of all equipment to meet the demands made during normal operation and process upsets. To keep people safe and meet environmental requirements, the process must remain contained in piping, duct, vessels and reactors.
During operation cycles, UTComp provides a program of non-intrusive inspections using our UltraAnalytix™ system, where process containment is maintained and operation is not interrupted, to provide ongoing data on the current condition and the mechanical integrity of the plant. The purpose of this is to provide confidence in plans for repairs, replacements and necessary intrusive inspections during outages. Reliability managers and operators use data to guide their decisions. Inspections must provide assurance that all damage mechanisms at play are understood and monitored.
Just as other materials applications improve with experience in chemical processing facilities, so must new installations, repair and replacement of FRP assets. UTComp takes our pioneering knowledge about damage progression and uses that to enhance the engineering of FRP – often stretching beyond the prescriptions of standards to provide future benefits.
UTComp is a global leader in composite asset integrity and performance. Our services include:
- Specifications and Design for new FRP construction and updates to existing structures.
- Material Selection and Evaluation of fiberglass reinforced materials used in corrosion and structural applications, includes expert failure analysis.
- Mechanical Integrity Programs using our non-destructive UltraAnalytix™ inspection system to determine the fitness for service of in-service assets made from composite materials such as FRP.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management using our UltraAnalytix™ system to inspect new FRP or composite material assets to ensure the equipment or components comply with specifications, are free of manufacturing defects and will meet their intended serviceability.
- Quality Control for Composite Manufacturing using our fully automated in-line QCAnalytix™ quality control system to verify during production that each composite asset complies with specifications and is free of manufacturing defects.
We work with some of the largest chemical processing companies in North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia and other locations around the world, including Chemours, Ashland, Dow/DuPont and AkzoNobel.