UTComp is currently seeking the right candidate to join the team as Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will manage overall UTComp operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of Engineering Team, ensure projects are delivered on time and at or under budget, ensure quality results for UTComp and customers and all work is conducted in a safe manner in accordance with UTComp Health and Safety and other Procedures. Participate as part of the Management team to ensure continual improvement of operations, procedures, safety, business processes.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employee’s performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the CEO/CTO.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the CEO.
• Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, and discipline employees
• Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
• Enforcing policies and procedures
• Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
• Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
• Analyze process workflow, employee; implement changes
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and legal regulations
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Manage staff levels, wages, hours
• Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
• Review and approve all time sheets, expense reports, invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
• Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this includes any issues on-site at client facilities
• Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
• Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
• Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at Engineering Team meetings
Operations Manager top skills & proficiencies:
• Conflict Management
• Business Negotiation
• People Management
• Data Entry Skills
• Data Processing Skills
• Reporting Skills
• Budget Development
• Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
• Planning and Organizing
• Communication Skills
• Influencing and Leading
• Team Work
• Stress Tolerance
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to:
Jo Anne Watton, CEO