Composite materials have been used in amusement parks for more than 50 years to provide safe and exciting fun because of their strength, design flexibility, affordability and corrosion resistance.
Historically, evaluation of the condition of FRP in amusement park assets to assure user safety involves destructive testing of core samples. The challenge is that these tests are only meaningful if the sample contains the damage mechanisms. Structural damage mechanisms are concentrated where the stresses are highest, which is also a bad location to remove material.
UltraAnalytix™ is a non-destructive and non-intrusive testing system that is used in a number of the largest amusement parks in the world to identify the structural condition in the locations that matter for maximum participant safety. This approach ensures that testing can be done frequently and quickly without any interruption to ride availability.
In addition to structural evaluation, UTComp serves the FRP and composite equipment needs of the amusement and theme park industry from end-to-end with innovative engineering and repair solutions, and ongoing inspection and asset management using our patented UltraAnalytix™ system.
UTComp is a global leader in composite asset integrity and performance. Our services include:
- Specifications and Design for new FRP construction and updates to existing structures.
- Material Selection and Evaluation of fiberglass reinforced materials used in corrosion and structural applications, includes expert failure analysis.
- Mechanical Integrity Programs using our non-destructive UltraAnalytix™ inspection system to determine the fitness for service of in-service assets made from composite materials such as FRP.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management using our UltraAnalytix™ system to inspect new FRP or composite material assets to ensure the equipment or components comply with specifications, are free of manufacturing defects and will meet their intended serviceability.
- Quality Control for Composite Manufacturing using our fully automated in-line QCAnalytix™ quality control system to verify during production that each composite asset complies with specifications and is free of manufacturing defects.
We work with some of the largest amusement and theme park companies in the world, including Disney.